The 2020 Election would be hilarious if it were not so incredibly sad. Continue reading “The Democrats are Showing Their Hand”
These ten theses represent my beliefs about voting in US General Elections.
- I will vote (unless providentially hindered).
- I will vote in a way that I believe glorifies God.
- I will vote in a way that I believe is loving to my neighbor.
- I will vote in a way that does not violate my conscience.
- I will vote for the candidate that best represents my beliefs regarding the federal government.
- I am not voting for a Pastor-in-Chief.
- I recognize that every candidate is flawed and sinful.
- I am not obligated to tell you who I am voting for (or why).
- I am not obligated to tell you who I’m not voting for (or why).
- Those who shame others for voting their conscience are friends of neither democracy nor of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Unless I am convinced by scripture and plain reason (I do not accept the authority of the pundits and commentators, for they have contradicted each other) my conscience is captive to the Word of God.
I cannot do otherwise for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe.
God help me.