OK. So, yes, I am a “white male church guy.” And, yes, this is my giveaway. But the top ten list isn’t mine!
Earlier this month, Lore Ferguson Wilbert (one of my favorite bloggers and social media follows) posted her (snarkily named) “Not Your White Male Church Guy’s Top Ten List.” She describes it as “my top ten books by women this year with the assurance that these are actually my top ten books this year—and not just a conciliatory nod toward my own gender.” (Go follow Lore on her website, Twitter, Insta, and Facebook.)
I have great faith in Lore’s reading recommendations and so immediately decided to make this my personal reading list and my January giveaway (I decided to steal the snarky name). So I added Lore’s bonus mention and one of my favorite books of 2018 to round out the list to 12. One winner will receive the entire list. I’m adding four runner-up prizes so that a few others can take something home. (See the list and entry form below.)
But before we get to entering there’s something even more exciting…
A BOOK CLUB!!!
To encourage reading these books, I’m organizing an online book club. We’ll discuss one book a month through 2019. Find the schedule and details here or search on Facebook for “Not Your White Male Church Guy’s Book Club.”
The Grand Prize
- A Light So Lovely by Sarah Arthur
- Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Haley Barton
- Why Can’t We Be Friends by Aimee Byrd
- Love Thy Body by Nancy Pearcy
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- Born to Wander by Michelle Van Loon
- All That’s Good by Hannah Anderson
- Gay Girl, Good God by Jackie Hill Perry
- Courage Dear Heart by Rebecca Reynolds
- The Path Between Us by Suzanne Stabile
- In His Image by Jen Wilkin
- Two Funerals, Then Easter by Rachel Welcher
Four runners-up will each receive a copy of Unstuck by Matt Perman.
Bonus prizes will be activated as the giveaway gains individual entrants.
- 1500+ entrants – If we surpass 1,500 individual entrants, I will add the ESV Expository Commentary 3-Volume Set to the prize list.
- 3000+ entrants – If we surpass 3,000 individual entrants, I will add the ESV Reader’s Bible Six-Volume Set (Cloth Over Board) to the prize list.
- 4500+ entrants – If we surpass 4,500 individual entrants, I will upgrade the ESV Reader’s Bible Six-Volume Set to Cowhide Over Board with Walnut Slipcase.
How to Enter
Enter here or through the form below.